Wahoo back with week 2! Is is sad that I feel really excited after 3 weeks to have 2 of them done. This spread is using cards from past Scraptastic This Life Noted Kits. This week was a crazy expensive week, my son got completely spoilt, he got his hockey gear, and then we purchased a PS4 (which I had been saving for sense they got released and they had one at Walmart with the Lego Batman game so I picked it up)
You can see in that picture I added a vertical photo, the issue I ran into was when I went to put my layout into its page protector, of course I planned it on the side where the opening was on the spread from the prior week. Easy fix I took my craft knife and ruler and cut a slit at the top of that pocket on the back side that is only as wide as the photo, slid the card in the other side then slid my photo in the slit I had made on the front and re-attached it.
The other half of the spread of course follows the same colour pallet as the prior page, and was also kept simple, a little journaling wood veneers, and an acetate word from Heidi Swapp. The tag I used on the photo of my son sleeping is cut from Tim Holtz’s tiny tabs and tags die.
If there is anything on this spread in-particular you would like to know where it came from, leave a comment and I will be sure to get back to you.
I apologize for the quality of the photos these were taken with my Iphone, in the not so great basement light.
This is what a Tim Holtz Vagabond looks like taken apart… why you might as… well it was busted anyway and I was out of warranty. So what else was there to do with it? And that question continues now what do I do with it?
Fair warning this is a photo heavy post.
Tighter shots of the first two photos.
Hey look its the other half taking it apart, in his old man slippers, lazy clothes, and messy hair. (Don’t tell him I posted this picture lol)
So once you spend what feels like an eternity locating all the hidden screws (well done sizzix) so that you do not have to break the case to get into the machine. This is what you find… this is the machine without all the pretty bits, the guts that make it work so to speak.
Then as you dig further into that, you find this magical piece. It is the real heart of the operation, the motor itself. It is also where my machine went all wrong… See the very top piece there… well it had metal shavings in it… bad bad bad.
(I left this image large so you can see the shavings easily.) this caused that motor to basically skip or shift slightly when the machine was working… which broke the magnet *this motor runs similar to a lawnmower motor* the magnet is a necessity.
And there you have it the reason why my vagabond died… guess I need some sort of a new small machine as my grandemark is to big to lug around. I am thinking of a Grand Calibur.